Over the past few years, drone sales have been rapidly increasing. To be considered competent in the market, it’s crucial for companies to offer the highest quality in their drones to stay ahead of the competition. DJI has been setting the highest standards for years and never fails to impress its customers with their advancements in drone technology. This review covers what we consider to be the best feature-rich quadcopter – the DJI Phantom 4 Pro.
What is gaining everyone’s attention nowadays is the spectacular features of the Phantom 4 Pro. It is becoming more popular day by day as it is a perfect blend of quality, performance, and portability.
The Phantom 4 PRO professional drone is the upgraded version of the Phantom 4, with what can only be described as substantial improvements. Let’s dig into some specifications of the best feature-rich quadcopter:
Refurbished Camera System
The onboard camera has 1-inch CMOS, 20-megapixel sensors and is specially designed for high-quality cinematography and aerial photography. The upgraded camera system delivers high-resolution images with a wide dynamic range and works perfectly in the low light environment.
High Video Quality
Recording a video with the Phantom 4 Pro is spectacular and has a real life-like feel with its exceptional quality video capture technology. The various video settings enable you to capture video with the highest resolution of 4K at 60 frames per second. The HD resolution can also be recorded up to a maximum of 120 frames per second.
Adjustable Aperture and Mechanical Shutter
Older models had some problems with flying as they offered no adjustment. The upgraded Phantom 4 Pro version is engineered with an adjustable aperture and a mechanical shutter. This exceptional quality makes it possible and easy to match the camera shutter speed to the rate of video frame without much hassle. This feature also makes it easier to record video in all light condition smoothly and is also vital for aerial photography.
Battery, Performance and Speed
Under ideal conditions, the Phantom 4 Pro comes with a flight time of up to 30 minutes. The speed is exceptional and operates in three dimensions. It can reach up to 22 miles per hour with the obstacle avoidance feature turned on. In the flight mode, this drone can attain the speed from 35 to 45 miles per hour. Also, for professionals who want extra speed, sports mode will be a real treat. The sports mode adds both the horsepower and agility into the craft and can be a phenomenal experience for those who need to capture the dynamic chase sites like shooting high speed-stunts or car racing etc.
Intelligent Flight Mode
The waypoint navigation, track, orbit that were the essential modes of Phantom 3 are also available in DJI Phantom 4 Pro. However, intelligent modes rely primarily on GPS.
DJI Phantom 4 Pro is five times more stable than its predecessors that provide incredible smooth forage to its user. Even in unusual weather conditions, Phantom 4 Pro doesn’t experience any problems in hovering and remain on the exact location where it needs to be.
- While the camera is in the air, stabilized gimbals technology and an excellent hover function allow you to capture a clean and clear picture.
- With the advanced camera sensor engineered in Phantom 4 Pro, bright and low lights are easily detected and provide impeccable picture quality despite poor lighting conditions.
- Users of this best feature-rich quadcopter can use obstacle avoidance technology without the need to disable top speeds that has to be done in the previous models.
- Comes with great battery life and built-in display.
- Quite expensive ($1499) than the previous models.
- You have to purchase the remote separately, or else you can buy Phantom 4 Pro+.
Specifications of the best feature-rich quadcopter
- Auto-take off/landing feature allows the drone to perform the function of landing and takeoff autonomously with just one press of a button.
- The ‘Tap fly’ feature enables the drone to fly to any location on your live feed image you want just by tapping anywhere you like.
- The ‘Return to home’ feature will enable the drone will come back to its take-off location by enacting RTH anytime you like. It is also convenient in the situations where the connection between the drone and remote controller is lost and if the battery level is too low and you are afraid to lose its way.
- The five-direction obstacle sensing feature is excellent in recognizing and avoiding any obstacle and hence ensures a safe flight. The drone will keep itself away from the potential impacts and will make you cautious of unusual situations like high wind, radio obstruction, and weak GPS signal.
- The innovative 1”20 MP Sensor in all four directions offers great obstacle avoidance and is very speedy.
DJI Phantom 4 Pro is the best feature-rich quadcopter available. All the premium features for a high-performance drone including stable flights, obstacle recognizing and avoidance, good camera and all other specifications that a flyer could look up for are genuinely available in this drone. The house of DJI has provided with the most efficient model with the significant improvements. It is clear that despite its affordability debate, that is pretty much obvious because of its advanced autonomous features, Phantom 4 Pro is much higher in ranking and superior to previous models. Any drone lover can be easily attracted to its amazing specifications and buying it can be the perfect investment. Best of luck!