Best folding Quadcopter – The DJI Mavic 2 Pro Review
In today’s era of technology, everything is robotic. Machines replace the manpower. The drones are a great invention, people love to buy drones. Their sales are increasing every year, and continuous innovations are made in them. Since they have improved in the autonomy and collision-avoidance technologies, drones now have the ability to perform more and more advanced level tasks.
Small-scale tri-copters and quad-copters are mainly used for flying inside but if you’re going to fly outdoors then you will need to be prepared to gain some flight expertise. There are many different types of drones available in the market and they perform different functions.
Whether you want to use it for disaster management, photography and videography purposes, or use it for monitoring a survey, drones have prime importance. One of the best folding quadcopter drone available for your advanced needs is DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone Quadcopter.
DJI Mavic 2 Pro Drone Quadcopter
Everyone by now must be well aware of the previous version released by DJI, The Mavic Pro. Mavic Pro was a marvel and people found it to be the most advanced technology of the year. However, despite its insane popularity, Mavic Pro had some flaws and didn’t reach up to people’s expectations. This urged DJI to release a new version of this drone to meet up with people’s high expectations. Identical in looks to the previous version of Mavic Pro, this new version of the best folding quadcopter, Mavic 2 Pro drone has gained much popularity ever since it was launched on August 23, 2018, in a spectacular event hosted by DJI.
Most people often judge a drone product based on its specifications, sensors, features, range, cameras, gimbal, max height, distance, altitude and much more. Let’s dig into some of its amazing specifications:
Hasselblad L1D-20c camera features make this drone superior with spectacular shots and excellent color quality. The Mavic 2 Pro has a 20-megapixel camera designed in partnership with Hasselblad (in which the Chinese company acquired a majority stake back in 2017). Hasselblad is one amongst the foremost established camera brands within the world, whose devices are used as high as the Moon and down to the deepest depths of the ocean. It still lives up to its reputation. With its fixed focal length of 35mm, the dynamic range of the shots captured is really impressive and amazing depth is seen in closer shots as well. Still, the quality of the photography is simply fantastic!
The Mavic 2 Pro sports a 20MP 1” CMOS Sensor is 6 sided and is great for obstacle sensing. The back and front collision avoidance technology make it easier to fly around obstacles. This feature also ensures better performance in dim lit environments. An omnidirectional sensing feature makes it very comfortable when flying indoors.
Must drone users were very disappointed with the previous gimbal design. The fragile and weak design was very terrible. The new Mavic Pro 2, however, has a more professional feel and has a very sturdy build. The 3-axis gimbal is excellent for still and steady shots. Thumbs up to that!
Speed and Battery Flight Time
Having an intelligent technology of 31 minutes flight time, 44 mph easy lay speed, 907g takeoff weight, this drone is quieter, faster and allows you to film, track and take a photo easier than ever.
Internal Storage and SD Card Support
With the internal storage of 8 GB and ability to extend up to 128 GB via an external SD card, Mavic 2 Pro can take hours of footage when being used out and about.
Active Track 2.0
This advanced tracking system is very useful for trajectory prediction and high-speed tracking for example when filming fast cars and bikes. This is also a real improvement when faced with situations that take you by surprise.
Adjustable aperture, best folding quadcopter and Low-noise design
The adjustable aperture of Mavic 2 Pro gains massive appreciation. It the best folding quadcopter and therefore can be carried easily. Also, the low noise propellers produce much less noise during flight. These features make it a preferable design for drone buyers.
This feature is totally exquisite! You don’t have to waste your time in post-editing in order to get a hyperlapse video. You can download it straight out of the drone. The multiple hyperlapse modes include circle, course lock, free and waypoint provides numerous possibilities for you to create outstanding cinematic scenes.
Pros of DJI Mavic 2 Pro
- This best folding quadcopter is perfect for photography and videography with its super resolution and Dlog-M (10bit) and HLG 10bit technology. Best suited for cinematography and sharper cleaner pictures. The higher ISO levels with image processors of up to 12500 in photography mode and 6400 in videography mode is a true game changer.
- Enjoy live read in real time throughout the flight and record 4K videos at higher bitrates with advanced H.265 compression that provides the best picture quality.
- Operational Temperature Range: -10°C to 40°C. That’s great!
- With the options of live Wi-Fi streaming, you’re also able to get a first-person perspective of the drone’s movements. If you’re able to add a gimbal, it will stabilize the camera to produce higher quality photos.
- Can be used for wildlife monitoring and studying animal patterns and analyze their patterns without any disturbance and help people in archeologist surveys.
- User-friendly because of its folding aperture and remote handling.
Cons of DJI Mavic 2 Pro
- Price range is relatively expensive and costs around $1,449.
- While it shows a huge improvement in hardware, the app is disappointing, a bit awkward and fiddly. Firmware update is still a hassle as it requires to be connected to phone the whole time during update processing.
- Sometimes, it’s hard to fly the drone in bright sunlight.
- It is a bit heavier and larger than its predecessor, the Mavic 1 Pro.
- There is no room to fit in an ND filter lead that is mandatory if you want to blur the cinematic motion.
The highly professional and the best folding quadcopter DJI Mavic 2 pro is perfect for people who seek a compact but yet powerful drone. Its dynamic features are incredible and are a must-have for your high-resolution photography and cinematography. In terms of class, DJI never disappoints and its Mavic products are absolutely amazing. Despite a few drawbacks, the astounding features cannot be ignored. So, drone lovers, do check it out! I wish you all amazing shoots and safe flight! Best of luck!